You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaReviewChannel

Scholarship for minority communites from Government of India.

The Government of India is sanctioning scholarship(full annual course fee) for minority communities(Muslims, Jains, Buddhists etc). It includes all states of India.

In this article I will be explaining the procedure to apply for scholarships for various graduate and post graduate courses. Ministry of Minority affairs started sanctioning scholarships from the year 2006-07. They are 3 divisions based on the level of education. They are

Ø Pre-metric sholarship = Which includes students studying from 1st to 10th class.

Ø Post-metric sholarship = Which includes 11th, 12th and basic degree courses which are Bsc, B com and BA.

Ø Merit-cum-means scholarship = Which includes Professional and higher level courses as listed below:

Ø Engineering & Technology Courses (B.E., B.Tech., M.E., M.Tech., MCA), Medicine & Paramedical (MBBS, BUMS, BAMS, BHMS, MD, BPT, MPT, BOT, MOT, B.Sc. Nursing, M.Sc Nursing, BDS, MDS), Fashion Technology (B.FTech, M.FTech), Management (MBA, PGDM, PGCM, Exec-PGDM), Pharmacy (B.Pharma, M.Pharma), Architecture & Design (B.Arch, ID, BCT, PL, PGD), Hotel Management (BHM & CT), Applied Arts & Craft ( APD, FA, FAD), Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc., & A.H.PG), Charted Accountancy (CA), Institute of Cost and work Accountancy (ICWA), Company Secretary (CS) and Law (LLB, LLM).

Unfortunately the last date for applying for scholarship for pre-metric and post metric is over. Now only the merit cum means sholarship can be applied for which the last date to apply is till 10th september(midnight).

The amount of scholarship depends on the annual course fee. For a localite the maximum amount that will be sanctioned is 25000 and for students staying staying in hostel will get additional amount.

Till last year the student was supposed to download the application form from their official website and then fill up and submit to concerned office. (In bangalore the office is located in VV Towers). However from this year onwards the student needs to register online with details of studies and previous exams and then take a print out of the application form which is filled with information you entered while registering. Then submit to your respective college office and not to the minority community office.

Now coming to the procedure to apply online for Merit-cum-means sholarship, it goes like this

The official website is ministry of minority affairs (type this address in a new page to open it) . Open this website and on top left there is a link for student registration. Click on it and it will ask for Religion, date of birth and annual income( annual income should not exceed 2.5 lakhs in order to register)

If you are applying for the first time then it is considered as Fresh application and otherwise its Renewal.

After entering certain details, you will be provided with a temporary id number. Note down the number, this is required for updating or making corrections before forwarding to the institution. After filling up complete details, click register. If its registered successfully it will show the same in a dialogue box. Then click on preview or printout to download the application form. It will be downloaded in few seconds. Save the form in your pc or laptop and then take a print out if you have entered all the information correctly. If you have entered incomplete information or if you do not have such information at that moment like bank details then you can just click on register(but never click on forward to institution with incomplete details). Later when you have all the details with you then you can come back to the website and update the left over information by entering your temporary ID. Do not take print out unless you have provided all the required details.

If you feel all the information that you have entered is correct then click on "Forward to Institution"'. It will be forwarded to your college. Please make sure that you have entered all information correctly before forwarding to the institution, as you cannot make any changes once you have forwarded to the institution.

After taking out the print out which usually has 7 pages, please fill up other details asked in the form and submit the filled form to your college office. The college will then review your form and if everything is correct, they will provide you a permanent ID with which you can check the status of your application online later on.

Along with the application form certain documents should be attached like previous year marks card, income certificate etc. However it is mentioned in the application form in details.

We are done with our part of job now. If your application is approved then it will be announced on their website with the list of all approved students and the amount sanctioned, during the month of februar y or march 2012.

The same article has also been published by me in my Personal Blog and on mybengaluru website.

You can also apply for other scholarships, the links of those can be seen on the sides of this screen.

If you have any questions or doubts, you can submit your response or doubt below. I will make sure to answer within 24hrs. Cheers!
    Dear Mohammed Umair,
    You have submitted very nice information, i am sure it will be very useful for all the peoples who deserve. But you should post it as Resource. Please edit your forum and remove it from here. Post it in resource section, there you will get nice points and cash too for this resource.

Regards,
    G1

Thank you for the appreciation Mr Kumar. Since its already published in the forum section, don't you think the moderators may reject by re-posting in resource section?

Dear Md Umair
    You have submitted very nice information, i am sure it will be very useful for all the peoples who deserve. But you should post it as Resource. and also give to more information about miniorites to our minorities brothers and sisters, to tell us how to approach to government scholar ships. education is very important to our brother and sisters, but they family finances not supported to learn educations. now is good chance to continued to our minority brothers and sisters i hope this chance utilized every brother and sister to improve his & her education level...

Thank you..
    regards
    imthiyaz

Thank you Mr Imthiyaz. It's indeed very helpful for all the minority coummunities who are deprived of education due to poverty. By applying to this scholarship, I'm sure the scholarship will be sanctioned. Because I have been receiving this scholarship from Ministry Of Minority Affairs(MOMA)from past 3 years. I'm so grateful to the Government because it has helped me pay my medical course without any struggle. If someone needs more information, response below.

send me more detials abour minorty loans at andhra pradesh, cause here many more poor peoples, do some help to us..

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.