You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Apache RTR 180: Replacement for issue in front suspension

Friends, some update on RTR 180. After my first servicing also, I used to get the thad sound from the front suspension, when I go over some huge humps or some pot holes on the road. So, I took it to the servicing center and they did some modification and it is fine now. But they said that it is only temporary solution. As the problem is with all the RTR 180 bikes, TVS is going to replace the fluid pump inside the front suspension with a larger size. It might take 3-4 months more to manufacture and send that part from TVS to all TVS centers. Once received, the service center will replace the new part in every RTR 180, free of cost. Till that day, enjoy the temporary fix ;).
    hi lokajit,
    Even i have the same bike that is apache RTR 180 but i had same disturbance in my front suspension.And it got rectified by the Normal mechanic.And dont ever listen to that servicing guys they just blow some non-sense in our ears to get through out that problem.The main cause is that they just do the servicing on our free service pacakage and they dont want to waste much time on our bikes.They have the target to complete the servicing for given bikes.So,please do one thing is that you show your bike to an good mechanic(not free servicing) and i am sure that he will rectify it.

With Regards,
    ArunKumar Saanam
    Diamond Member
    India Review Channel

Hi Arun,
    Thanks for your suggestion. I also agree that service center guys tell all sort of craps to avoid any complication on their part :D. Now my bike is not making any sound after the service center guy fixed something. But they said that they will replace the part with a newer one provided by TVS and that will be done to all the RTR 180 sold till date(Well, they won't force to put it on if we do not have any issue with the existing one).
    The same problem is there in all the bikes(RTR 180) sold. And even TVS engineers have already responded to some complains and have personally came and fixed it for many in the center. But now as the issue is a generic one, they are going to replace the part with a new one.
    Regarding, going to a local mechanic, I am bit skeptical. One, because I am new to Bangalore and do not know any good mechanic and Two, I prefer not to put my bike to local mechanics till all free servicings are over.

Any way, thanks for your suggestion again. If you face any serious issue with RTR 180, you can contact the below given emails and TVS engg will promptly address your issue:

You can get TVS Emails here:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Also, just for info, you can check the below link also:
    http://www.mouthshut.com/comment/readcomment.php?rid=176810&com=0&r=1

Thanks,
    Lokajit

HI lokajit,
    Thanks for you suggestion and Sorry to you also.I didnt have problems with my bike till now but you have told that most of the bikes are having this problem .Even my friends also have the same bike but even they didnt get any problems and i thought that servicing guys are fooling you.But there might be a problem but still we didnt face it but you have faced it earlier i guess.But i accept you and will defently mail to the TVS and find the problems.And i told you to go to local mechanicand i am sorry for that but i suggest you once consult known local mechanic.Once again Thanks for your suggestions.

With Regards,
    ArunKumar Saanam
    Diamond Member
    India Review Channel

Hey Buddy,
    Nothing to apologize on that. I appreciate your suggestion. So please do not feel sorry about it. I have gone through many forums for the bikes and have found that the suspension issue is a manufacturing one. As I told you last time, after the service center fix my bike is also not making any sound. But I will replace my front part once it is available from TVS.

And, now as we have the same bike we can share some useful info with each other. Anyway, what is your mileage? I get around 42-44 kmpl.

Happy biking... :)

Thanks,
    Lokajit

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.